Choo Zheng Xi (Remy)
- LL.B (Hons), National University of Singapore
- LL.M, New York University
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore (2011)
About Choo Zheng Xi (Remy)
Zheng Xi (Remy) is a trial and appellate lawyer with experience leading cases at all levels of the Singapore Courts, including the Court of Appeal. In 2016, Zheng Xi (Remy) was the first Singaporean lawyer to be named the International Bar Association’s Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year in 2016, an award that recognizes “excellence in work and achievements and a commitment to professional and ethical standards“. His court-craft spans both civil/commercial and criminal defence.
Zheng Xi (Remy) was named one of 2015’s “40 most influential lawyers aged 40 and under in 2015” by the Singapore Business Review. He was described as “having built a profile as one of the most recognizable faces of public interest, media and employment litigation in Singapore… “.
Zheng Xi (Remy) is the Vice-Chairman of the Law Society of Singapore’s Young Lawyers’ Committee and the International Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s National Representative for Singapore.
Son of a chef, Zheng Xi is a foodie and writes the occasional food review. To offset the calories, he runs marathons.
As a named Director of Peter Low & Choo LLC, Zheng Xi (Remy) co-leads a trial-ready team of 9 litigators to deliver results.
Sample of Supreme Court trials/appeals conducted by Zheng Xi (Remy) as lead counsel
Attorney-General v Ting Choon Meng and another appeal,  SGCA 6
- Successful landmark litigation against the Ministry of Defence involving the definition of “persons” under the Government Proceedings Act and the Protection from Harassment Act.
Foo Jee Seng v Foo Jee Boo, CA 108 of 2016 (unreported)
- Successfully acted in a case involving a contested estate dispute relating to resulting and constructive trusts.
Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited v. Aviva Financial Advisers Pte Ltd & Ors, Suit No. 1340 of 2016 (pending leave to appeal)
- Successfully acted for 6 individuals in injunctions involving restraint of trade and breach of confidence. Matter pending leave to appeal to the Court of Appeal.
Chong Chin Fook v Solomon Alliance Management Pte Ltd and others and another matter,  SGCA 5
- Represented two Directors in defending against a derivative action under s216A of the Singapore Companies’ Act. Successful in the High Court but reversed on appeal.
Almega Investments Pte Ltd & Lim Chong Poon v. Chiang Sing Jeong & Kek Chai Siang, HC Suits No. 517, 684 and 508 of 2016 (pending written grounds, currently under appeal)
- Partially successful in three trials (jointly heard) involving shareholder fraud, breaches of trust, and breaches of a share sale and purchase agreement.
Jardine Lloyd Thompson Pte Ltd v Howden Insurance Brokers (S) Pte Ltd and others  SGHC 202
- Successfully acted for two senior Directors in a landmark case involving Springboard Injunctions.